Stadiums and community halls
Council has a number of community halls that are managed by committees of management. Community groups and people use these halls for leisure and other recreation activities.
6 Gardiner Street, Brunswick
Available 7 days a week, day and evening.
The stadium is available for hire by community groups wishing to run activities. It is suitable for sports such as badminton, volleyball, Futsal, basketball, netball and aerobics.
Coburg Basketball Stadium
25 Outlook Road, Coburg North
The Coburg Stadium provides basketball competitions throughout the week.
- The Junior Domestic Competition for boys and girls runs on Saturday 8.30 am – 6 pm. Junior championships are held on Friday nights.
- The Senior Domestic Competition which includes men’s, women’s and mixed teams runs on Monday (men), Tuesday (men and women), Wednesday (men) and Thursday (mixed).
- A beginners netball program runs on Wednesday and competition is on Friday.
The stadium also offers opportunities for children to come along on Monday and Wednesday after school to casually play basketball without committing to a competition.
Email the Stadium Manager or phone 9355 7200 for bookings.
Oak Park Stadium
9 Hillcrest Road, Oak Park
Gym is regularly used by schools for netball, basketball, volleyball, badminton and indoor soccer.
The stadium is available for hire by community groups wishing to run activities. It is suitable for such activities as soft tennis, gentle exercise groups, aerobics and kinder gym.
To hire the Oak Park stadium email Oak Park stadium to ensure there is availability at the times you require.
Fawkner Community Hall
The Fawkner Community Hall is used by local sporting and community groups for various activities, and is available for private hire.
- linemarking for indoor sport activities such as netball*, futsal, basketball*, volleyball and badminton,
- change rooms
- heating and cooling
- upstairs viewing area
- storage (conditions apply), and
* Note: the netball and basketball courts are NOT full sized.
Call Fawkner Leisure Centre on 9358 6600 or email Fawkner Leisure Centre to enquire about booking the hall for your event or activity.
Hire fees and charges
|Monday to Friday||6 am - 4 pm||$28.80|
|Monday to Friday||4 pm - 11 pm||$35.50|
|Saturday||8 am - 4 pm||$71.00|
|Saturday||4 pm - 11 pm||$188.50|
|Sunday||9 am - 4 pm||$71.00|
|Sunday||4 pm - 10 pm||$188.50|
- Chairs and tables can be provided if required.
- User groups must have public liability insurance to hire out the hall.
- Additional fees charged are based on security and staffing requirements as per terms and conditions of hire.
- A payable key bond of $277.20 will also be required to confirm booking.
Hire the Fawkner Community Hall
To hire the Fawkner Community Hall contact us on 9358 6600 or email Fawkner Leisure Centre to ensure there is availability at the times you require.
All patrons/clubs must have public liability insurance to be able to book the community hall.