Personal training permits
Council offers a number of parks and venues for the use of personal training and fitness activities.
Before conducting your personal training session, an application must be submitted to Council. Monetary penalties apply for unauthorised use.
Read the Personal Training Guidelines before submitting an application. This guideline document has information about the trainers' qualification requirements and locations of the reserve that can and cannot be used for personal training.
- Personal Training in Public Open Space Guidelines (DOC 160Kb)
- Personal Training in Public Open Space Guidelines (PDF 234Kb)
All trainers and participants must adhere to COVID-19 government regulations and advice which can be found on the DHHS website. In addition, all trainers and participants must adhere to the following requirements in the parks and reserves of Moreland City Council:
- All personal trainers are required to keep detailed registers of all participants in their classes (names, dates/times and contact details).
- Social distancing must be adhered to throughout all classes - no contact between trainers and participants.
- It is recommended that hand sanitiser be provided by the personal trainer for all participants.
- Participant numbers are limited as per government restrictions, read more on the DHHS website.
- All participants to bring their own water, towels, mats and any other equipment.
- There should be no equipment shared during a session. Trainers and participants must use their own equipment at all times or complete bodyweight exercises only.
- During a session there can be no use of any playground, outdoor gym equipment or pavilions/community halls.
All applications must be submitted with a completed COVID-19 Safety Plan (DOC 70Kb), which should include considerations for managing relevant COVID-19 restrictions and requirements.
Council Recreation Services manages all applications for personal training and fitness activities on Moreland parks and reserves.
Once an application has been processed and approved, you will receive a confirmation letter with your permit/s.
For any booking that cannot be accommodated, Recreation Services will contact the applicant and other options will be explored.
Council reserves the right to amend any bookings for reasons stated in the Personal Training in Open Spaces Guidelines (PDF 234Kb).
Completion of an application form does not guarantee availability of booking request.
When to apply
Permit applications must be received at least 3 weeks before the first requested booking date.
You must provide:
- Proof of public liability insurance policy (for business)
- Copy of professional accreditation/registration with Fitness Australia, Physical Activity Australia or other recognised peak bodies relevant to fitness training in Australia (for each trainer)
- Copies of first aid and CPR certificates (for each trainer)
All documents must be valid for the duration of the permit (three months) and submitted with, or within a week of submitting, the application otherwise the application will be rejected.
Permits are valid for 3 months. At the end of the 3 month period, another application must be submitted for a new permit.
This permit must be carried with you when using Moreland’s parks and reserves and shown to any Council Officer upon request. Appropriate photo identification must also be carried by the trainer.
Fitness providers conducting a maximum of 2 sessions per week, $271.35 (incl. GST).
Fitness providers conducting 3 or more sessions per week, $475.00 (incl. GST).
$25 + GST for each additional trainer
Apply for a personal training permit
If you have an enquiry, email email@example.com or phone 9240 2372.