Recreation Access Program (RAP)
The Recreation Access Program (RAP) provides opportunities for young adults over 16 years with intellectual disabilities to experience sport, recreation and leisure activities.
The program runs on weekends leaving from Coburg Leisure Centre and is taken by qualified leaders. Participants take part in a range of activities suitable for everyone, including:
- Museums and Melbourne landmarks
- Sporting events such as A-League and AFL matches.
To be eligible for the Recreation Access Program (RAP) program participants must be a:
- Moreland resident
- Aged 16 years and over
- Have a mild to moderate intellectual disability, and
- Be living at home with non-professional carer/s.
All Recreation Access Program (RAP) staff leaders are experienced in leading group excursions and have the following qualifications:
- First aid
- Anaphylaxis, and
- Working with Children Check.
The program is run mainly on Saturdays. Times and costs vary depending on the activity, but a number of activities are free. Information is available on the Recreation Access Program (RAP) Activity Schedule and Application form (available below).
Programs depart from the Coburg Leisure Centre, Bridges Reserve, Bell Street, Coburg. Program staff leaders sign participants in as they arrive and sign them out as they depart.
How to apply
To apply to participate in the program, please complete and submit application forms:
- RAP Activity Schedule and Application form – November 2019 to January 2020
- RAP Participant Information form (PDF 415Kb)
- RAP Participant Information form (DOC) (DOC 130Kb)
- Participant Medication Record (PDF 121Kb)
- Participant Medication Record (DOC 122Kb)
Please submit your application forms to the Program Director by:
- Handing the forms in at Coburg Leisure Centre
- Email forms to the Programs Director
- Calling the Coburg Leisure Centre on 9354 3504.
We hope you find the range of activities organised enjoyable and have a great experience on the program.
We encourage you to provide feedback or suggest activities at any time regarding the program.
In line with recent Victorian Government announcement, Active Moreland Aquatic & Leisure centres will remain closed.