Books to your door
While Moreland City Libraries is closed to the public due to COVID-19 stage 4 restrictions, we are offering a contactless home delivery service, Books to Your Door, to Moreland residents.
We will select and deliver 10 books each month based on your preferences or you can reserve specific items from our catalogue and we will deliver them to you when they are available.
Register your interest here.
Note: you will need to re-register each month for the delivery of staff selected items.
If you have previously registered for the delivery of your reservations, you do not need to register again.
Please note that due to the overwhelming demand for this service there may be a waiting period for deliveries.
The following terms and conditions apply to all members of Moreland City Libraries registering for Books to Your Door.
- To receive a delivery, library members must register via the library website or by arrangement with library staff.
- The service is available to members of Moreland City Libraries who reside in the City of Moreland. Moreland residents who are not library members can apply for library membership via the Moreland City Libraries website.
- Only one delivery of 10 items selected by library staff per household per month is available.
- This service is governed by Moreland City Libraries conditions of membership.
- Standard loan periods for library items have been suspended. Library items will be loaned to customers until the library reopens.
- Library items that are received via Books to Your Door will not incur late fees during the time of library closure.
- Library items that are received via Books to Your Door that are lost or damaged while on loan will incur a fee equal to the original cost of the item plus a processing fee.
- Customers receiving Books to Your Door deliveries must ensure safe and unobstructed access to the allocated drop off point of their residential property. In particular, gates must be unlocked and easy to open, the path from street to front door must be clear of any hazards and animals must be contained away from the area between the street and front door.
- Deliveries will be contactless. Library items will be left at the designated delivery point. Customers must remain indoors during delivery if at home. The front door must remain closed during delivery and library staff must not enter the residence.
- Responsibility for library items passes to the customer on delivery of items to the residence. The customer is responsible for any items left unattended/uncollected at the allocated drop off point.
- Only residential properties are eligible for delivery. There will be no deliveries to businesses, shops, schools, hospitals, aged care facilities or community centres.
- Library staff may opt not to undertake a delivery if doing so is deemed by that staff member to be unsafe.
- While every effort will be made to complete deliveries in a timely fashion, wait times for deliveries may vary depending on demand on the service.
- These terms and conditions may be updated as circumstances relating to the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions and library service delivery change.
IMPORTANT: We have put strict safety and hygiene measures in place to offer this service to our Moreland residents. Please note that all customers opt into this service at their own risk. Under no circumstances will Moreland City Libraries be held liable for any illness or injury incurred by customers as a result of the delivery of this service.