Coburg Health Club Refurbishment
Have you heard the news… following the rest of the facility refurbishments, by Moreland City Council at Coburg Leisure Centre, next up is the health club!
Our goal is to improve the centre so it meets the needs of our growing and changing community.
Following a review of all Coburg Leisure Centres gym equipment, we are looking to replace some old, rearrange existing and add some new equipment in the health club. Changes to the layout, and to equipment currently available, will allow for more programmable space on the health club floor.
To help get a better understanding on what these means, please see below FAQs
- What changes will be made?
The new layout is still being finalised however, the following changes will occur:
- Replace the Iron-Edge matrix frame with new racks located around the perimeter of the room
- Replace old Rowers, Plyo Boxes, Dumbbells and Battle Ropes
- Introduce new HIT air Dyne Bikes
- Increased open space for Adrenaline and Older Adults programming
- Removal of 1 x chest press, 1 x lat pulldown, 3 x treadmills, 1 x steppers and 1 x summit trainer
- Will gym equipment be removed?
Through the review we have evaluated each piece of equipment and the frequency of its use. This review has found some equipment is not required and as a result will be removed to allow for additional space. Matrix Cage, three treadmills, one stepper and one Summit Trainer will be removed, as well a one lat pulldown and chest press.
- When will the changes take place?
The changes are scheduled to happen in September/October 2021
- Will the gym be closed during this upgrade?
Pending COVID restrictions at the time, hopefully works can be completed during our current lock down. Otherwise we will try and keep open and reduce the impact on our loyal members and customers. Movement of the equipment and replacement of equipment will happen during our quiet period. There may be some slight disruption however we will always provide alternative space for you to continue your workout.
Most importantly, we want your feedback so flick us an email.