When the Bureau of Meteorology forecast temperature is 32 degrees celsius or over at 4 pm the day prior, the outdoor pools will open earlier and close later:
- open at 10 am school holidays, weekends and public holidays, and 1 pm during school term
- the pools may remain open up to 8 pm and beyond according to demand, availability of staff and sufficient light.
When the Bureau of Meteorology forecast is at 23 degrees celsius or less the outdoor pools will close other than for bookings or regular programs (except Oak Park Aquatic Centre and Brunswick Baths).
The forecast will be monitored early each day to determine if there has been significant change of forecast which will confirm if the outdoor pools will be open. Feel free to call the outdoor pools. or follow on Facebook for daily updates.
Coping with the heat on hot days
Hot weather can make you very sick so remember to:
- look after yourself - talk to others and ask for help if you need it,
- drink lots of water - check with your doctor about how much water to drink when it is very hot,
- keep cool - stay in a cool, air-conditioned place like your house or a shopping centre,
- keep out of the sun - stay in the shade,
- wear a hat - wear loose clothing that is light in colour.
Download this information sheet with tips on keeping cool during a heatwave.