What is the Sydney Road Street Party?
On six stages between Union Street and Victoria Street, an epic two hundred artists will be performing the likes of gospel, latin, soul, gypsy jazz, blues, hip-hop, reggae, folk and rock. The pavement will be packed with food stalls, an abundance of market stalls selling wonderful wares and the Brunswick Bitter bars serving a selection of beverages.You can also catch live music all day at legendary local venues The Brunswick Green, The Penny Black, The Retreat Hotel and The Spotted Mallard. It is prohibited to consume and possess alcohol outside of licensed venues.
What are the traffic detours?
Sydney Road will be closed between Union Street and Victoria Street from 11.59 Saturday 3 March to 11.59 pm on Sunday 4 March. All intersections between Union Street and Victoria Street will also be closed, preventing cross traffic access. To ensure your vehicle is not blocked by structures or stages and that the area is clear for 12am set up, vehicles are not to be parked overnight on Saturday 3 March in the following areas:
- Sydney Road, between Union Street and Victoria Street
- Albert Street, between Wilkinson Street and David Street
- Phoenix Street, between Saxon Street and Sydney Road
- Dawson Street, between Saxon Street and Sydney Road
- Glenlyon Road, between David Street and Sydney Road
- Merri Street, between Sydney Road and Chapel Street
- Michael Street, between Saxon Street and Sydney Road
- Edward Street, between Sydney Road and Dods Street
- Union Street, between Little Gold Street and Sydney Road
- David Street car park