VicsportVicsport has developed the ‘Are You on Board?' (AYOB) campaign to support conversation and action around gender diversity on the boards of Victorian sporting organisations.
Vicsport research as at December 2013 showed that:
- Women hold 33% of all SSA board positions
- 34% of all SSAs have 1 or no women on their board
- 14% of all Chair/President positions are held by women
As part of the campaign, Vicsport has created and compiled tools to help Victorian Sporting Organisation CEOs, Presidents and Board Members put gender diversity on the agenda and take action. It encourages you to take the lead, embrace and encourage diversity within your organisation to achieve the best results for your sport.
View the 'Are You On Board' clip
Vicsport encourages you to develop an action plan around this issue by following the five steps outlined in the supporting "Call to Action"
- Have the conversation about board composition and performance at monthly board meetings. Ensure it is on the agenda.
- Publicly commit to addressing the issue - we will post your commitment on our website!
- Set a target for gender diversity on your board and a timeframe to achieve it.
- Actively encourage and seek women with the desired skills to apply for board positions.
- Make it part of your ongoing, core business.
Download the full 'Call to Action', which includes suggested strategies and partners to assist you in taking these steps.