Coburg Leisure Centre is committed to making sure that your children are cared for in a safe, supportive, well-equipped environment. Our friendly and professional staff will encourage your children to have fun and develop to their full potential with the range of suitable activities and programs being provided.
Please note - proposed 'No Jab, No Play' legislation will come into effect Friday 1 January 2016. See 'Information for parents' for further information or visit the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services 'No Jab, No Play' webpage.
Our childcare facility has the latest games, toys and equipment to help keep the young ones happy and is designed to assist parents and guardians in pursuing their recreational and fitness interests within the centre.
Whether parents and guardians are staying within the centre or need to be somewhere else, be assured that our qualified and professional staff will nurture and entertain your children at the best of their ability.
Our childcare philosophy aims to reflect the local community by encouraging participation and is a child focused place where:
- All children have the right to feel safe and secure in their environment, ensuring this, children will develop a strong self-esteem and confidence, as well as a positive perception of the world around them.
- The value of play is important; children have opportunities for all types of play and physically challenging play.
- All children are treated with respect and individuality in their development domains: social, emotional, physical, cognitive, cultural and ethnic.
- All families are made to feel valued. By role modelling to children that we value and respect our families.
- Our resources and activities are safe and developmentally age appropriate.
Coburg Leisure Centre childcare is open to all members and casual visitors. Bookings are essential. For further information please call us on 9354 3504.
Childcare operating hours
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 12.30 pm.
Types of care
- Occasional care, and for children whose parents are leaving the centre.
- Childcare for children whose parents are present in the centre.
Payments must be made on the day of attending childcare.
Payments can be made casually or by purchasing a multi-visit pass which allows you to make a booking over the phone on 9354 3504.
See childcare fees.
'No Jab, No Play' legislation
'No Jab, No Play' legislation will come into effect from Friday 1 January 2016.
All parents and guardians wanting to enrol their child into a childcare service from 1 January 2016 will be required to provide evidence that their child is:
- fully immunised for their age,
- on a vaccination catch-up program,
- or unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.
'Conscientious objection' will not be an exemption.
For more information, visit the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services 'No Jab, No Play' webpage.