Our Active Seniors program is designed especially for people over 60 years of age, to help manage health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes and arthritis.
The program is also designed to slow the effects of ageing including the onset of osteoporosis, while improving mobility and strength to reduce the risk of falls.
You’ll enjoy the company of other like-minded people of similar age, and be supervised by qualified instructors who understand your needs.
Exercising as a group and has been proven to help with motivation, and it encourages you to stay with the program longer.
Your exercises will be appropriate for your level of fitness and ability, and you can absolutely rely on being given the right advice.
Active Seniors class descriptions
A low impact class to music designed to increase muscular endurance, strength, flexibility and fitness.
Strength and Stability
A land based class focused on stretching movements with the aim to increase flexibility, core strength, balance and stability.
Living Longer Living Stronger
A weight training program focusing on improving muscle strength, flexibility and balance. This program is COTA endorsed.
When you come to an Active Seniors class:
- Bring a towel, a drink bottle and wear appropriate gym attire or comfortable swimwear.
- Class sizes are limited, so be early to avoid disappointment.
- You can pay a casual fee per class or become a member.
- You cannot enter a class five minutes after its start time.
- We recommend you check with your doctor before starting group fitness classes.
- Tell your instructor if you have any injuries or medical conditions before the class begins.
An Active Seniors membership is available or classes can be paid for on a casual basis.
Remember - check with your doctor about the suitability of starting an exercise program.
Contact us to find out more.